Table Name: AR_APPROVAL_USER_LIMITS
Use the Approval Limits window to define approval limits for
· Adjustments created in Receivables,
· Requests for credit memos initiated from iReceivables and
· Write-offs for receipts.
Receivables uses approval limits that have a document type of (Adjustment/credit memo/Receipt write off) when you create an adjustment in the Adjustments, Submit AutoAdjustments, and Approve Adjustments windows.When you enter an adjustment that is outside your approval limit range, Receivables assigns the adjustment a status of Pending until someone with the appropriate approval limits either approves or rejects it.
The Credit Memo Request Approval Workflow uses approval limits that have a document type of Credit Memo when forwarding credit memo requests from iReceivables. The workflow sends a notification to an approver if the request is within the approval limit range for the currency and reason code specified.
When you write off an unapplied receipt amount, Receivables uses approval limits that have a document type of Receipt Write-off. You cannot write off a receipt amount that is outside your approval limit range. You can only write off positive amounts.
You define Adjustment approval limits by currency and dollar amount. You define Credit Memo approval limits by reason type, currency, and dollar amount. You define Receipt Write-off approval limits by currency and dollar amount. The approval limits for write-offs are separate from, but cannot exceed, the system level write-off maximum amount that you define in the System Options window. You must specify both lower and upper approval limits for each approver.
To review your adjustments and adjustment statuses, see the: Adjustment Register.
Attention: Be sure to update approval limits when personnel changes occur and whenever you define new credit memo reasons in the Receivables Lookups window.
Define application users
To define approval limits:
1. Navigate to the Approval Limits window.
2. Enter the Username of the person for whom you are defining approval limits, or select from the list of values. You define valid user names and descriptions in the Users window. For more information, refer to the Oracle Applications System Administrator's Guide.
3. Enter a Currency code. You can define multiple user approval limits for each currency defined in your system.
4. Enter a minimum approval amount in this currency for this user. You can enter either a positive or negative amount, but the From Amount must be less than or equal to the To Amount.
5. Enter a maximum approval amount in this currency for this user. You can enter either a positive or negative amount, but the To Amount must be equal to or greater than the From Amount.
Note: Credit memo approval ranges cannot overlap for limits with the same reason type and currency. For example, the approval range for primary approver JSMITH is from -200 USD to -100 USD and the reason code is Free Product. Therefore, you cannot define a credit memo approval range for primary approver AJONES from -250 USD to -150 USD and specify the same reason code.
6. If you specified a Document Type of Credit Memo, indicate whether this approver is the primary approver for this range by checking the Primary box.
7. Save your work.